Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas Berries

 Generously, every December our Saturday paint-out group organizer hosts a holiday get together.  I always look forward to it.  It's also a card exchange for anyone wanting to participate.  This year I had fun making my card of greenery and berries using colored pencils and watercolor.  I also added some glitter/glue dots on the berries which really made it sparkle.  

Last fall when we were not meeting together to paint, I painted some red Nandina berries in watercolor.  Nandina is also known as Heavenly Bamboo.  There is a tall plant next to our driveway that gets beautiful red berries in the fall.  I usually can't resist painting or drawing them.  Next to the green, background, bamboo leaves the red berries really stand out.


Approx. 5" x 7" Pencils and Watercolor

7" x 5" Watercolor



No comments:

Post a Comment