Saturday, August 28, 2021

Bailey and Hermon


Bailey and Hermon are two of our local parks.  I've painted at both parks quite a few times with the local paint-out groups.  Hermon was on the schedule for possible Jacaranda trees in bloom.  They were there at the south end of the long park.  Unfortunately I drove by that area, paying more attention to the busy Saturday park traffic, and missing the lavender flowers.  Instead I painted an interesting hillside at the north end of the park.  Now I know where the Jacarandas are!

We usually go to Bailey Canyon Park to paint the Matilija poppies.  It turned out not to be a good year for the poppies.  Maybe not enough rain last winter.  So I painted another hillside with some friends to chat with.  

5" x 7" Watercolor



A very busy gopher we enjoyed watching


7" x 5" Watercolor


Matilija poppies



  

2 comments: