Friday, July 22, 2016

La Casita Squirrel

In May our Saturday paint-out group revisited La Casita Del Arroyo in Pasadena.  It was last November when I last painted there and posted my watercolor, Another Casita Autumn.  There was a lot of activity around La Casita, setting up for a wedding.  Guests arriving!  I needed to paint quickly and get out of their way.  So on this visit I looked for something of interest besides the building.  There were beautiful Matilija poppies blooming and a gorgeous rambling rose.  From the parking lot there is a great view of the famous Colorado Street Bridge.  I tried to be out of the way of the wedding preparations and went down the side stairs to paint my gouache piece.  So many nice areas and views to paint there.  And I'll be returning in a few weeks!

5" x 7" Gouache






No comments:

Post a Comment