Thursday, March 13, 2014

Return to the Power Plant!

It's been a month or so since we were at the Pasadena Water and Power plant.  I started a gouache piece that day that I haven't finished.  But the Saturday group is returning this week so I'll post my watercolor from our recent paint-out there, and I'm looking forward to finishing the gouache.  

This was my second time painting from the cul-de-sac, and I posted that first watercolor in The Power Plant.  I really like this type of industrial subject to paint.  I was apprehensive on my first visit about painting the complicated looking structures but thought I'd better give it a try this time.  I've been including figures in my pieces where I can but a figure in this watercolor didn't seem to fit.  There were no pedestrians around.  A project is underway for which the plant will be remodeled, reconfigured, and updated.  Plus, it also appears that they want to close the cul-de-sac which is so convenient for plein-air painters.  I'm looking forward to our paint-out this weekend!

8 x 10" Watercolor


      

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE this, Sherry, and anytime that you do industrial settings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing this painting, one can tell that you really like to paint this type of industrial subjects. You have done a very nice work Sherry !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phanis! The group was back there painting today which was lots of fun.

      Delete
  3. I didn't think it was possible to make a beautiful painting from a power plant, but you've done it again. You have a great artistic eye, Sherry. So well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much Terry, I really appreciate your comments.

      Delete