Tuesday, January 1, 2013

January First!

January 1, 2013 and I'm excited to be posting on this blog!  Being lucky enough to join some plein air groups, I've met so many new friends in the past year.  It's been a wonderful experience to have these opportunities to paint in new places with supportive artists.  It always helps motivate to have someone else going out too!  

I'm posting a few vintage New Year bridge tallies from the 1920's.  The beautiful graphics on tallies of this era led me to searching for them a few years ago.  They are an off-shoot from greeting cards.  The two ladies were published by Gibson, an old card company now owned by American Greetings, and the baby is by Hallmark.  

Thank you all for visiting my blog.  All the best to you, as I'm sure 2013 will be full of new challenges.  




4 comments:

  1. Wow, they are real collectors' items, Sherry - I love them. Wishing you happy painting and I value you friendship and kinship in watercolors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy painting to you too Terry, my watercolor friend!

      Delete
  2. I'm happy to have you as a painting and blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara, you are such a wonderful painting and blogging friend to ME!

      Delete